Our Epic Winter continues!
Due to weather conditions, our original Wednesday afternoon flight was cancelled. Unfortuntely, we were already en route to the airport so I could dial into a meeting before TSA check-in, as waiting until AFTER the meeting ended to leave the apartment would've been cutting it close to boarding time.
3 email alerts later about flight delays = decisions to be made about the trip.
We went to our friend's place (who didn't get to the airport yet) and shifted all plans later to account for the new flight etc etc. Not fun – but at least we still made it here!
We planned to arrive to Denver earlier to adjust to the altitude but couldn't factor that in with the rebooking of a later flight.
- NYC is 0 feet above sea level
- Denver is 5,280 feet above sea level
- Breckenridge is 9,600 feet above sea level
Thus, we went form 0 feet to 9,600 feet in a matter of hours – which was an ill planned pressure test to our bodies.
Breckenridge, we're here! We made it to the Valdoro Mountain Lodge Hilton Grand Vacations Club.